Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV)/Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV)
The Remotely Operated Vehicle has been developed to handle Improvised Explosive Devices, detect or confirm its presence and also to diffuse it. Additionally it can also measure Radiation and Chemical Contamination levels. It has been designed for the Army, Police and other paramilitary forces engaged in counter terrorist operations
- Robot based Remote Controlled Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) to handle Improvised Explosive Devices (IED)
- To detect and confirm presence of explosive and also to diffuse it. The ROV
can detect the IED by a portable X-Ray mounted on the platform.
- The on-board Water Jet Disrupter can be used to diffuse the IED.
- It can also measure Radiation and Chemical Contamination levels
- Robotic platforms that are used as an extension of human capability.
- Is capable of operating outdoors and over a wide variety of terrain, functioning in place of humans.
- The ROV is capable of being remotely controlled over a range of 500m line- of-sight or up to three walls within buildings.
- The ROV can be deployed within buildings and climb stairs for handling hazardous material.
- It has a robust manipulator arm having six degrees of freedom with gripper for handling suspected objects up to 20kg from 2.5m.
- It is electrically powered by special batteries and can be utilized continuously for three hours before a recharge.
- It has multiple cameras on-board for aiding the operator to drive as well as pick and handle sensitive objects.
- The present technology is better than the existing solutions as it is cheaper in cost and easy to maintain.
- The present technology has many additional features than the existing solutions.